image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M JOHN DOE|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|I LOVE TO DO CREATIVE THINGS|I'M PROFESSIONAL WEB DEVELOPER

GAIA RETREAT & SPA - BYRON BAY HINTERLAND - RETREAT ME TV SHOW

After our stay at the Mullum Sari Retreat in Mullumbimby Julie and I ventured thirty minutes down the road to the Gaia Retreat & Spa to film our fifth episode of ReTreat Me.


Gaia Retreat & Spa was founded in 2005 by Olivia Newton-John, Gregg Cave, Ruth Kalnin and Warwick Evans.


Gregg Cave the general manager and the Gaia staff were extremely welcoming during out stay and supported us every step of the way while filming which we greatly appreciated.

At Gaia Retreat & Spa, it's all about choice; you choose and they help you design your own personal, purpose driven retreat - whether it is active and energetic, tranquil and serene, or a clever combination of both.


The surrounding shire and facilities at Gaia were a dream to film.  There were so many opportunities to create awesome shots on my Canon 5D Mark II which both myself and Julie were in awe of.


I also pulled sound on top of shooting this episode which proved to be very interesting and testing.  A majority of the ReTreat Me shows have seen me record sound as well as film which seems to be a common trait amongst independent productions that are self funded.  It is certainly testing me as a cameraman.


My kit on this episode included the Canon 5D Mark II with 24mm-105mm f4 L series lens, Rode NTG-2 shot gun mic, Rode VideoMic and a Manfrotto LED light.


We are editing this episode of the show as we speak.


Once again a big thank you to the staff at Gaia Retreat & Spa, thank you to Gregg Cave (what an awesome host and person!!!) and Olivia Newton-John (yes we did get to meet Olivia, what an experience that was!!)


Until next time keep shooting!




















Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the moment to consider this, I believe powerfully about it and love learning more on this topic.

    ReplyDelete